YouTube Channel ..Check It Out for the Latest!!

Sephora.com!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

REVIEW: NARS Persepolis Eyeshadow Duo ($34.00)


NARS oh oh oh how I adore your lovely shadow duos..I picked this one up thinking 'oh my what a lovely named.' I love to experiment with jewel tones such as this, and surprisingly I love the sea green  color more!
www.narscosmetics.com describes their shadows in the following words:

"Modern, unique, sometimes unexpected color combinations of eyeshadow shades. Worn alone or together, all Duo Eyeshadow shades feature micro-fine powders that are highly pigmented, long wearing and crease resistant. Color glides on smoothly, evenly and blends effortlessly. The effects can be subtle or smoldering -- the options are endless.
* “Best Overall Eyeshadow” 2011 InStyle “Best Beauty Buys”
  • True color application
  • Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.
  • Multi-function use for shading, lining and highlighting the eyes.
  • Classic, neutral, and fashion-forward shade pairings."
The colors in this duo, Persepolis, are described as a shimmering sea green and a shimmering regal blue.  They described the colors perfectly. Now I wanted to dive a little deeper into the name as I love to 'try' and find a link. Now what I recalled from school, Persepolis is an old Persian City, situated 70 km northeast of the modern city of Shiraz in the Fars Province of modern day Iran. Evidence showed that the earliest remains of Persepolis date from around 515 BC but wasn't excavated in the1930's by French Archaeologist, AndrĂ© Godard.  Take a good look at the ancient city and just imagine women guilded in gold wearing the colors of the sea which shimmered and glisten in the sun:

Ancient Persepolis
Ancient Makeup (According to Hollywood)
Modern Day Persepolis

Now I found the NARS Persepolis Duo to be one which I love to wear, but I am more bias towards the sea green color as stated before as I like to wear it tight around my eyes, not all over the lid, and I fade it out a bit at the crease with the regal blue. The regal blue side is not as pigmented as it could be but when wet I could see it being a bigger star.  I rate this duo 3.5 out of 5 stars. I did find that it fades a bit quicker than other duos I have used from NARS so I end up having to take it with me for a quick touch up throughout the day. Swatches Below :)






Thank you for reading and also check out my youtube channel :) Click the YouTube box at the top of the page -XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts or simply let me know what you think :)