YouTube Channel ..Check It Out for the Latest!!

Sephora.com!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

REVIEW- CHANEL FALL 2012 : Chanel Fleur de Lotus Joues Contraste Blusher ($43.00)


 

    Happy Days Are Here Again!!!  My Nordstrom's order finally arrived today and I only ordered the Chanel Fleur de Lotus JC Blush.  I had very high expectations for this blush as it was described so eloquently by other reviewers.  Nordstrom.com describes it as:
 "A vibrant new shade of the classic Chanel blush enhances the cheekbones with joyful color. The unique formula offers buildable coverage, from natural to dramatic, for a flattering, youthful glow."
    Now I find that it does offer a youthful glow and a sheen but it is just sooo sheer on my dark skin as you will see below in the swatches in various lights.  The color is shockingly , stunningly, coral in the compact when you open it, and makes your eyes widen, your heart flutter and a gasp 'ohhh my god.' You are saying this because you get the strong rose smell or because the colors stuns you.

    I had  to build it and build it almost four times.  I love the final color that I had to build up to achieve.  I would say the same for the Fall 2012 Rose Initale which is powdery.  As for Fleur de Lotus it is a very soft powdery soft blush as I am not accustomed to in the baked editions as the US versions are always finely milled powder-I have a Europe Edition of Pink Explosion and I find it to be not as soft as this baked formula.. Perhaps they changed the recipe a bit.
    As always with Chanel, they never disappoint in their classically sharp well dressed packaging which always is the best in show! I rate this 3 out of 5 stars. I rated it for the sheerness factor but all other factors were on point.
 









Thank you for reading, and please check out my youtube channel in the box at the top of the page. :) Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts or simply let me know what you think :)