YouTube Channel ..Check It Out for the Latest!!

Sephora.com!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

REVIEW: Tarina Tarantino Jewel Eyeshadow Palette in Fantastical ($32.00)


 Yes!! I am so happy that I finally stopped skipping over this brand at Sephora, in which the Tarina Tarantino brand is exclusively sold.  I was the shopper who went looking for something specific but this time I was wandering aimlessly for my beauty fix.  So my aimless search led me to the Tara Tarantino display.  I am and always have been a sucker for a pretty, sparkly, shimmery, shiny, gleaming purple and so it led me to Fantastical!
I find the compact to be a bit bulky and and didn't exactly get the jewel reference as the only jewels I see are imprinted on the top of the compact in a holographic fashion.  So if you share my passion for sleekness in compacts you can see what I mean by bulky. 

Sephora.com describes it as:
"What it is:
A collection of sparkly eye shadow palettes that are like jewelry for your eyes.
What it is does:
"My Jewel Shadow Palettes feature gemstone-infused shadows in six shade stories that work with any skintone. These extremely pigmented shadows give beautiful color payoff and blend easily with a velvety texture that stays on all day. Their compact size makes them perfect for makeup looks on the go." XOXO, Tarina Tarantino, jewelry designer and makeup artist
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens"

When you pop open the compact, you will admire the colors as they appear wearable and buttery soft in appearance......and they are! The color that attracted me the most was the light violet color which is iridescent in quality and gorgeous. Then you have the taupe color is muted and very wearable for most all I would say. The next is the lighter taupe color which I could see being used all over the lid as a base or a shimmer subtle night shadow on a light skin tone. The deep plum purple color is my baby as I love love love colors as this..I would say I have every Chanel Quad, MAC single and NARS duo which contains a color as this, and with all that said I do not find this color to be so unique as I had hoped because I have extremely similar.  Lastly, there is the pearly frosty center color which I used as a buffed out highlighter color and it's super soft and bright!
Overall I feel Tarina Tarantino is an awesome brand which doesn't get as much attention as it should, soft, pigmented, strong, blendable shades and all the colors in each and every quad can be worn in conjunction in various combinations.  The light violet color was the standout for me as I can not resist such toned shades.  I rate this palette 4 out of 5 stars-only because you can dupe the colors in this compact.






Thanks for reading. :))))


xoxo..also check out my youtube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts or simply let me know what you think :)