YouTube Channel ..Check It Out for the Latest!!

Sephora.com!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

NARS Foreplay Blush Palette Sawtches and Review

Oh as I gather my words and breath to describe this beautiful palette.  It looks more artistic than the title suggest, and if you have kept up with NARS then you know the names always are sexually suggestive. I ordered this palette from www.sephora.com ($49). It came in the sleeve you see above to reveal the traditional NARS black box, 


Sephora describes it as:

"What it is:
A chic cheek palette featuring four dazzling shades based on the bestselling Orgasm blush.
What it does:
The gorgeous afterglow of classic Orgasm is reinvented in this quad that combines Orgasm blush plus vivid shades of pink and peach and a shimmering gold to create your own signature glow.
This set contains:
-Peach Matte Blush
-Gold Highlighting Blush
-Pink Matte Blush
-Orgasm Blush (peachy pink with golden shimmer)"


Now from my experience with NARS I find that they make extremely lovely blushes and shadows, I have not had soo much experience with the lipsticks but as for the glosses, I just do not care for the waxy scent unless they have altered the formula since those years. With this palette I swiped each and every color on my cheeks mixing them in my own way. I always found that orgasm did nothing for me but I fear now that I was wrong.  
  1. The Peach matte reminded me soo much of NARS Amour in appearance. I found that it was super soft and pigmented and applied very natural and not over the top and you could definately build the color. 
  2. The Gold Highlighting shade puts me in the mind of NARS Albatross except Albatross is lighter in the pan but goes on gold  as well but perhaps a touch lighter. This gold looks super opulent and blends very easily into whichever blush you use directly on the cheek.
  3. The Pink Matte shade is reminiscent of NARS Desire with it's matte and bright pink texture or even NARS Angelika but she has shimmer. I find this shade to be the one which sheers out more than the others so you can build such a bright color as it is still blendable and beautiful to create those barbie doll cheeks.
  4. Orgasm is one which I am guilty of underestimating although I find this to be a bright peach pink which shines alot more gold on the cheeks.  I don't know if it was the store lighting or what but it was beautiful on me at home.  Now I am starting to see why it is the best seller. I know some say Deep Throat is just as beautiful but I tried it and it had not any pigmentation on my skin's coloring. This would be amazing this summer dabbed lightly on the cheeks and also seemed to have a dual effect in highlighting the cheekbones as well.





With Flash

No Flash

with flash


Top to bottom in natural light: Peach Matte, Pink Matte, Gold Highlight, Orgasm

.
Top to bottom in natural light: Peach Matte, Pink Matte, Gold Highlight, Orgasm
 Thank you for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts or simply let me know what you think :)